Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Today I received my summons

Because it's technically the State(Commonwealth) pressing charges against my uncle, as the victim I am also the witness to the crime and therefore have to be subpoenaed for the trial.  Unfortunately, as the first person I told my story to, my boyfriend was also subpoenaed for the trial.  This means he won't be able to be in the courtroom to support me when I have to testify and is the cause of a lot of my anxiety.

It kind of sucks that the ADA mailed the summons out so early because it brings the trial back to the forefront of my mind.  I've been having a lot of trouble pushing this out of my mind since the last court date where the trial was supposed to happen, and receiving the summons isn't going to help me with that.  Opening the mail to find the summons has definitely brought my day down a notch.

No comments:

Post a Comment