Monday, February 28, 2011

So, I'm sick of the blame

From my extended family regarding me reporting my uncle and pursuing justice.  My grandmother has actually told me that "He's a good person now, and you're going to ruin his life."  No.  He committed a crime against me that has hurt me irreparably.  He made the decision to rape me, I was a child, I was not to blame then and am not to blame now.  It infuriates me to hear this sort of thing.  He deserves to pay for what he did to me, and others deserve to be protected in case he reoffends.

I've talked about this with my therapist, and thought about it a lot.  What I keep coming back to is why, if he's so worried about this going to trial, being found guilty and getting jail time, why is he refusing to even consider a plea bargain.  All I want is for him to be on a sex offender registry so that others can be informed to appropriately protect their children.  Probation for a while would be nice as well.  He's facing jail time by bringing this to trial, and again, it's the risk he is choosing to take regarding his future.  Even if he's worried about his wife and others, he could always lie and be like "Oh, my attorney said that this was the best option for me", and still maintain his innocence if he'd like.  I don't fricking care what he tells people and what they believe, all I've cared about since reporting is doing the best that I can to not allow him to hurt others.  None of these legal proceedings or ramifications have will make up for what he's done to me, I just need to know I've done all that I can to make sure he doesn't hurt any other children.

No comments:

Post a Comment