Thursday, February 10, 2011

You need to ask for things you need

Nobody is psychic.  I know this, yet I keep putting off talking to the ADA and just hoping that she'll just change Victim Witness Advocates for me.  The advocate I have is okay, but I don't feel all that connected to her, and I kinda feel like she doesn't want to deal with my case or just doesn't understand how I feel.  Not the last court date, but the one before that I had a substitute Victim Witness Advocate and she was awesome.  It was truly comforting having her there.  What I'd really like is to switch to this other advocate.  I feel guilty though, the other advocate didn't do anything wrong, and I don't want her to take it personally I just would feel more supported going into this if I had the substitute Advocate permanently.  So, I'm trying to build up my courage to call the ADA and ask if this is possible, switching.  I feel like I'm being difficult, and I don't want to come across that way.  I talked about this in therapy and decided that if switching Advocates can be helpful for me then I need to at least ask about it.  So I'm going to do it, I'm going to make myself call the ADA tomorrow.  I'm going to ask for what I need and put myself first.

No comments:

Post a Comment